Submit your show
Are you interested in performing at the Festival?
Send your application to our email.
OF THE 29TH INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF PUPPETRY ART
BIELSKO-BIAŁA, 21–27 MAY 2022
I. FESTIVAL ORGANISER
1. The 29th International Festival of Puppetry Art will be held in Bielsko-Biała, Poland, on
21–27 May 2022.
2. The Festival is organised by the Jerzy Zitzman Banialuka Puppet Theatre with its registered office at ul. Adama Mickiewicza 20, Bielsko-Biała, Poland, tel. +48 33 815 09 14, email [email protected]
3. The Festival Director is the Chief Executive and Artistic Director of the Banialuka Puppet Theatre.
4. The Festival is financed by the city of Bielsko-Biała, the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, and external funding from foundations, partners, and sponsors.
II. THE GOALS OF THE FESTIVAL
1. The International Festival of Puppetry Art has been organised regularly since 1966. The Festival features puppet theatre, form theatre, object theatre, visual arts theatre, and dance theatre shows, which present high artistic value. Invitations to the Festival are sent to institutional and non-institutional theatres, as well as theatre schools from Poland and abroad, for both child and adult audiences.
2. The main goals of the Festival are:
· promotion and presentation of achievements of the broadly-defined modern visual theatre (puppet theatre, form theatre, object theatre, visual arts theatre) from Poland and abroad,
· presentation of current trends in puppetry,
· presentation of spectacles that reflect crucial issues of the modern world,
· cultivation of the tradition and popularisation of the history and achievements of puppetry theatre through presentation of shows of traditional puppetry theatre from around the world,
· creation of a meeting space for observers, theatre critics, and commentators of cultural life,
· promotion and presentation of young debuting artists.
3. The Festival will be accompanied by numerous additional events, e.g. exhibitions, seminars, workshops, film screenings, para-theatre activities, concerts, etc.
III. ENTRY CONDITIONS
1. The participants in the Festival can be professional institutional and non-institutional theatres from Poland and abroad, and students of theatre universities.
2. Registration in the Festival is done via email sent to the address: [email protected]
· The theatres can submit two shows maximum.
· The application must include:
a) complete Application Form (separate for each show entered),
b) a link to a recording of the whole show entered,
c) information about the show (promotional materials, description, reviews, etc.) and the theatre,
d) minimum 5 photos in ready-to-print quality,
e) detailed technical rider,
f) hotel list.
· In the case of theatres from abroad – the registration ended on 15 November 2021.
Under justified circumstances, the Organiser reserves the right to accept a registration sent after the above-mentioned date.
· In the case of Polish theatres – due to the information about the extended date of the Minister’s decision about the Programmes, the Festival Organiser resigns from official enrolment to the 29th International Festival of Puppetry Art. The Organiser will contact selected theatres.
· The Organiser will send an Application Form to selected theatres with a deadline for sending it back.
3. The Organiser qualifies the theatres for the participation in the Festival on the basis of the applications sent. The decision about the qualification to the Festival is made on an ongoing basis, after grants have been awarded under the Programme by the Polish Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
4. The decision cannot be appealed.
5. In the selection, the preferred shows are those whose premieres were:
· for foreign shows – no earlier than in September 2019,
· for Polish shows – no earlier than in May 2020.
6. The terms and conditions and the selection of participants under the non-competitive part of the Festival are set out in separate agreements.
7. The terms and conditions of the participation in the Festival (including financial) are set out individually, directly with the theatres selected for the participation.
8. Detailed terms and conditions of the participation in the Festival are set out in a separate agreement.
9. The acceptance of the participation in the Festival means acceptance of:
· making available and using the materials (photographs, video recordings) sent for promotional purposes free of charge,
· photographing and video recording parts of the show by the Organiser or the persons authorised to do so for documentational and promotional purposes free of charge,
· video recording and broadcasting of fragments of the show (up to 3 minutes) by television stations and internet televisions free of charge for advertising purposes.
10. Sending the application form means acceptance of these Regulations.
11. Reception of each application form is confirmed with a return email.
12. The participation in the Festival means:
· consenting to processing personal data – the participant consents to processing their personal data to the extent necessary for the proper organisation and realisation of the Festival under applicable law,
· consenting to the use of image free of charge for the activities promoting the Festival,
· confirming that the informational clause concerning personal data processing has been read and understood and presenting that clause to the persons whose data are included in the application form.
13. The consents in the application form are given voluntarily and consciously, and they are necessary for the participation in the Festival.
IV. JURY AND AWARDS
The International Festival of Puppetry Art has two sections: competitive and non-competitive. The Organiser decides about the participant’s participation in the competition.
In the competitive section of the Festival, there are two jury teams appointed by the Director of the Festival. The teams award financial prizes:
1. PROFESSIONAL JURY comprised of five members – artists and theatre critics, who award the following prizes:
· The Main Award of the Festival – Grand Prix (a statuette by a sculptor Bronisław Krzysztof and PLN 10,000.00) for the best performance at the Festival.
· Special Award (PLN 5,000.00) for outstanding value and spectacle, e.g. innovative theatrical form, outstanding acting, masterful animation, stage design, direction, etc.
· Award for the Best Show for Children (PLN 5,000.00).
2. JURY OF YOUTH CRITICS comprised of three students of theatre studies from Polish universities awards the following prize:
· Youth Critics’ Award (PLN 5,000.00) for a performance or for artists for particular merits of the performance.
3. Moreover, the following prizes are awarded:
· The Festival Director’s Award (PLN 3,000.00),
and in the non-competitive section:
· Honorary Distinction of the Polish Puppetry Centre POLUNIMA,
· Polish Stage Artists’ Association ZASP Award.
The total sum of all prizes is PLN 28,000.00. If additional funding is acquired, the Director of the Festival allows the possibility of awarding additional special awards by the Professional Jury.
The awards are given during the closing ceremony on the last day of the Festival.
The jury teams evaluate all performances, excluding only special events, performances by students of theatre schools, and Teatr Grodzki, and performances of the Festival host – Banialuka Puppet Theatre.
The heads of the jury teams present the decisions of the committees to the Organiser on the last day of the Festival by 4 p.m. Certificates for theatres and performers are signed by all members of the jury teams.
V. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
1. The Personal Data Controller is Banialuka Puppet Theatre and is represented by the Chief Executive and Artistic Director, with the registered office in: ul. Adama Mickiewicza 20, 43-300 Bielsko-Biała, Poland, email: [email protected], tel. +48 33 815 09 14.
2. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted with regard to data protection matters at the following email address: [email protected]
3. Personal data will be processed for the purpose of organising and realising the 29th International Festival of Puppetry Art on the basis of the consent given and in order to perform other legal obligations of the Controller resulting from applicable law.
4. The personal data are stored for the period necessary for the purposes of processing indicated in section 3, but not less than the period specified in the archiving regulations. The processing period may be extended by the limitation period of any claims if the processing of personal data is necessary for the establishment or assertion of possible claims or defence against such claims.
5. Only the Controller’s employees, entities entrusted by the Controller with processing personal data under concluded agreements, and the entities authorised to do so by law have access to personal data. The personal data are transferred to these entities only for the purposes referred to in section 3. In connection with the possibility of using the services of entities providing social media platforms, the data may be transferred to third countries. Detailed information on the protection of personal data can be found on the websites of service providers.
6. With regard to the processing of your personal data, you have the following rights: access to your personal data, rectify your personal data, erase your personal data, limit the processing of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, whereas the possibility of exercising the above-mentioned rights depends on meeting the conditions set out in the law and the legal basis and purpose of personal data processing.
7. Providing personal data in the Application Form is voluntary; however, it is a prerequisite for the participation in the Festival. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time if the processing is based on your prior consent to the processing. However, the withdrawal of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing which was carried out on the basis of the consent before its withdrawal.
8. If you suspect that your personal data are processed unlawfully, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office.
9. The personal data are not processed in an automated way and are not subject to profiling.
VI. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. The Organiser reserves the right to change the Regulations, change the date, and cancel the Festival without giving reasons.
2. Festival participants and interested parties will receive information together with the amended Regulations to the contact address indicated in the Application Form.
3. The final interpretation of these Regulations belongs to the Festival Organiser.
4. The Regulations become effective as of 23.02.2022.
ANNEX NO. 1/2022
OF 11 APRIL 2022
TO THE REGULATIONS OF THE 29TH INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF PUPPETRY ART
BIELSKO-BIAŁA, 21–27 MAY 2022
This Annex introduces the following amendments to the Regulations of the 29th International
Festival of Puppetry Art.
I. Current Section I.1 now reads as follows:
1. The 29th International Festival of Puppetry Art will be held in Bielsko-Biała,
Poland, on 21–25 May 2022.
II. Section IV.1 is removed:
• Award for the Best Show for Children (PLN 5,000.00).
III. Section IV.3 is removed:
• The Festival Director’s Award (PLN 3,000.00),
IV. Section IV reads now as follows: “The total sum of all prizes is PLN 20,000.00”.
The remaining provisions of the Regulations of the 29th International Festival of Puppetry Art
This Annex becomes effective as of 11 April 2022.